Wednesday 23 January 2008

Never worked, still working away.

Hello to anyone who reads this, I'm very much appreciative of the kind words and requests for new posts etc. so thank you. As you can see I'm not swimming in a pool of strongbow or being fed crisps by angelina jolie, so you can probably tell I didnt win any money in that tourney.

Every time I got a hand there was always a slightly better one to screw me over, and I never really felt like I could get going. Had 1010 on a K high flop, split AJ with A9 after a lot of chips went in on the flop and turn, QQ on an Ace high flop.. and possibly others. But my final hand was most annoying.
Most players had been playing quite loose, playing lots of pots with rag aces and the like, and I have AJspades UTG, so I have no qualms about raising it to 3xbb. One caller on the button and everyone else folds. The flop comes A7s3s, and I must think I have the best hand here. It just so happens the other player has A7, and the chips fly in with no help for me on turn or river. That was for 6k which wasnt massive but it was slightly above average if I recall correctly. Never mind eh?

I've also made Gold membership, and I await the collection of treats that I am now privy to. Treats such as a €150 bonus sound good, but I'm not sure I'll get it because I get rakeback already, though it doesnt mention it on the site which makes me hopeful.

Its so easy to spend money when you have it, those profits I've been enjoying have just been draining away as I spend money on things I dont need, and things I do need. But I still have enough to go to Nottingham with, and I can afford many a pint of beer, so I'm happy.

I've also cashed out another $400 for the time being to boost my bank balance a little, after having a reasonably good session today.
Had a lovely hand where a person was very annoyed at me for raising so many hands. I was dealt QQ on the button and UTG made it $4, and this annoyed guy calls, I raise it to $16, because I think it will get UTG to fold and angry man to call, which is what happens.
It might be useful to note that I'm aware of my opponents (angry man) skill level - he loves draws and draws to draws! The flop is 27j 2 diamonds, which is excellent. I think I bet $16, he calls. turn is a blank, and now the pot is bigger than my stack about $60 odd where i have $59. If he has a draw only, he might fold to my push, and if he has a Jack he'll call. So I think a little bit and decide its better to bet $30 here to tempt him into calling.
Yes if he hits it will be shit, but if he misses and has a terrible pair he may have to call my last $29 with practically nothing, because the pot will be so large. And thats what I do.
The river is a Jack!! The worst card ever. Or is it? He thinks and pushes, and theres just no way I'm folding, so I call. pot is something like $190 and he shows 10 8, a busted gutshot. Wooo me.
Not the most high level poker you've seen, and there was no hard decision to make, but there was some use of thought, preflop with the choice to re-raise so high to isolate angry man, on the flop and turn, betting not too much, to tempt him in. I thought it was nice.
This is the only hand I can remember, I must try and relay more hands in these posts.

Thats all for now, until next time, swing bada bada swing bada bada oooo!

2 comments:

scotty2hatty said...

lol at you thinking raising $16 is big here, plonker.

well played on cashing out a bit more.

nottingham here we come!!!

The Kenster said...

feels big.